Under construction. Please come back soon
Incorrect washing and drying techniques can lead to scratches, swirl marks and water spots. With the correct tools and proper knowledge you can maintain the condition of your car and keep it looking it’s best.
STEP 1 – WHEELS
Always start with washing your wheels. Using a separate sponger or wheel brush will help to clean the centre of the wheel
STEP 2 – PRE WASH
Pre wash consists of rinsing the car down with water or foam to loosen the contaminates that are sitting on the paint.
STEP 3 – WASH
Gone are the days of using a bone sponge and a leather chamois. A microfibre wash mitt or real lambswool will clean much more efficiently without scratching the paint.
A two bucket method is best. One for your PH Neautral car was and the other for clean rinsing water, This prevents cross contamination
STEP 4 – RINSE
Once the car has been cleaned has been cleaned you can rinse off the car shampoo with clean water.
A final low pressure rinse will help “Sheet” the water off the car
STEP 5 – DRYING
Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel will replace your chamious. It has a waffle patten to drag away any particles that may still be sitting on the paint. This will reduce the amount of marring. Instead of pushing the towel across the paint you can throw it over the flat panels and pull it along using the weight of the towel only.
Applying spray wax or quick detailer
STEP 6 – FINAL TOUCH’S
Apply tyre shine
Wipe over exhaust
1. Always wash the car in a cool environment out of direct sunlight.
2. Always use quality car shampoo. Ph neutral car washes are good for stripping dirt whilst keeping your protective wax. Using products such as laundry liquid may strip your wax and sometimes stain plastic trims and rubbers.
3. Never use a broom or automatic car washes. These are the biggest offenders for causing swirl marks in the paint. The bristles are to harsh for the paint surface.
4. Avoid driving your car for at least an hour after washing it. The car attract dust
5. Always keep your towel separate into categories. Elite Finish can provide the following cloths for each purpose.
– Paint (Grey drying towel & Grey spot free cloth)
– Interior (Yellow)
– Wheels and arches (Light Blue)
– Exhaust (Dark Blue)